The Spring 2016 Statesville Artisan & Crafters’ Expo will be Saturday, March 19, 2016 between 10am – 5pm at Signal Hill Mall. Admission is free and items for sale include unique handmade items such as pottery, woodworking, artwork and baked goods. All items for sale are handmade by the vendors present at the event; there are no direct sales or mass merchandise companies. Studio 73, a local art studio will be at the event between 2pm – 4pm offering a “make and take” activity for $4. Local musicians including Brian Allen & More Than Conquerors, Rick Davis and Hope Pemberton will be performing during the day.
Melissa Friend has organized craft shows since 2007 and in 2010 officially took over the full coordination of the Statesville Artisan and Crafters’ Expo. These spring and fall events bring together a variety of artisans, crafters and local businesses, which provides shoppers with a large variety of handmade items to purchase. In addition to vendor booths, Melissa often organizes special guests and activities to experience during the expos.
Shopping local makes a direct impact on our communities. It allows small businesses to thrive while building a strong community through growing relationships. Handmade items are a great option for people to find unique gifts or items to enjoy personally. Coming to these events allows shoppers to meet the people who have invested so much time and effort into making quality and special handmade products. The items purchased will come with a name, face and story. Every purchase will give these small businesses, artisans, and crafters support by enabling them to continue providing our communities with fantastic, unique creations.
Vendors for the 2016 Spring Event include:
- Hobby Sisters Fabric items, cards, bowties & bunnies
- Pops Kreative Stache Wood turned pens, bowls, vases, seam rippers and wine bottle stoppers
- Holcomb Creations Handpainted scarves, tiles and jewelry
- Pattytater Creations Handpainted home décor, towels
- M & M Creations American girl & Bitty Baby doll clothes & accessories
- Perfectly Mperfect Wine cork crafts, painted boards & canvas
- TZ Kreations Baked goods, dog treats & vinyl decals
- Keller Collections Photography & canvas prints
- Painted Glass Designs Handpainted kitchen tools, serving bowls & glassware
- Colour Clay Handmade pottery
- Yankee Burrow Crocheted items
- Oland’s Originals Fabric crafts, aprons, etc.
- Rose Petal Designs Jewelry
- Sue’s Soap Soy candles, aroma beads, soaps and other all natural/organic skincare products
- OfMetalandStone Industrial jewelry
- Fairy Lune Gardens Live plant terrariums
- Reclaimed Linen Decorative towels using vintage fabric; canvas art
- Felted Wool Designs 2D & 3D felted wool animals & artwork
- Bourne Southern Antique po box door, piggy banks & rustic home decor
- Enri jewelry Dichroic glass, mixed metals, gemstone & fabric jewelry
- Cat Lady Creations Handknitted pet afghans & pet toys, handdrawn cat cards, handbags
- The Gold Feather Jewelry and prints
- Brannons Antique wash pans and barn wood
- Ziba Cards Handmade papercraft cards
- Razz Custom Woodworks Wooden tea boxes, jewelry boxes, wine racks & more
- Johnson’s fabrics Handsewn items, key fobs, bibs, etc.
- Glory Bee Baskets Handcrafted baskets
- Sassy Seams Boutique Children’s clothing, deco mesh wreaths
- All Things Bindle Hand crafted dolls & stuffed animals, quilts
- Justin Design Paintings & original acrylic art on stretched canvas
- The Monster’s Mama Essential oil lotions & sprays, therapeutic rice bags
- Wright Baby Gear Taggie blankets and baby gear
- Cutting Edge Handmade soaps, scrubs and lotions
- His Blessings Cakes Specialty cakes, cupcakes and more